These terms apply to all bookings taken by any booking method at Little Upton Bridge Threshing, Apple and Cider Barn, The Pictureworks and Upton Bourn Lodge
1. TERMS: The normal period of hire is from 4pm on your arrival day to 10am on your departure day. You may choose early and late checkout options at an additional cost which we may be able to provide based on a first come first served basis.
2. BOOKING: A deposit of 50% of total hire charge is payable at time of booking when booked direct or via holidaylettings. For bookings via Airbnb or Homeaway their payment terms apply.
3. The Balance - of - Hire - Money together with any breakage deposit is due & payable 8 weeks prior to the start of the holiday. For bookings made within 8 weeks of your holiday start date you pay the full amount on booking. For bookings via Airbnb or Homeaway their payment terms apply.
4. BREAKAGE DEPOSIT will be refunded within 7 days of the stay so that we have time for the housekeepers to check the property. Any damage should be notified by the guests to the property owners before departure.
5. PAYMENT for direct bookings: By transfer to “Little Upton Bridge Holiday Let” account 21436562/ sort code 402207 referencing your party name.
6. PAYMENT for bookings via holiday lettings, Airbnb or Homeaway payment is via the booking method
7. CANCELLATION: If you are compelled to cancel, please notify us immediately and on the same day send us your written cancellation. Your cancellation is effective from the date we receive your written notification, which will be acknowledged. We will then try to re-let, but if a substitute tenant cannot be found, you are responsible for the period of reserved tenancy. The deposit is non-refundable for all Bookings which cannot be re-let. An administration fee of £100 will be charged if the property is re-let.
8. PETS: We only accept pets if they are prebooked and an extra charge is paid in Threshing, Apple and Cider Barns. We do not accept any pets in Upton Bourn Lodge and The Pictureworks. All animals must be kept under strict control at all times. Pets must not be left unattended in the House or elsewhere on the site or allowed in bedrooms, in the pool area or on sofas. Animals other than dogs can only be accepted with specific permission
9. THE HIRER: The hirer agrees to keep the property & all fitments, equipment & other contents in the state, repair & condition as at the commencement of hiring and to make good any damage, breakage or loss that may occur during the hire. We have the right to enter any accommodation (without prior notice if this is not practical or possible) If special circumstances or emergencies arise (for example if repairs need to be carried out) If in our reasonable opinion any person(s) is not suitable to continue the holiday because of unreasonable behavior, damage to the property or danger or significant annoyance to others, the contract may be terminated, in which case we will not have any further liability. In this event, you will remain liable to pay the hire price and no refund shall be due.
10. NUMBER IN PARTY: It is a condition of your booking that the total number in your party shall not exceed the total sleeping capacity of the accommodation booked stated on this contract. The hirer & all members of the party over the age of 16 years old must be notified to us in advance of the stay to comply with UK law.
11. GROUP BOOKINGS: Little Upton Bridge is a QUIET & PEACEFUL place & therefore WE ONLY accept single sex bookings and groups under 30 with advance agreement. Sometimes we may ask for a larger breakage deposit if we accept a single sex or young group.
12. ACCESSIBILITY: If you or any member of your party has restricted mobility or special needs you should telephone/email us before making your reservation so that we can discuss and agree with you the suitability of the property for your party.
13. AVAILABILITY: The booking is made on the understanding that the property will be placed at your disposal on the date stated. Should this not be the case through circumstances beyond our control (e.g. fire or damage) we cannot guarantee to provide alternative property in which case your booking fee will be returned to you in full and you will have no claim against Little Upton Bridge Holiday Lets, Gill Rickards or Simon Hart.
14. THE OWNERS: We will not be liable for any accident, damage, loss, injury, expense or inconvenience to the person or property of the hirer or any other persons arising out of or in any way connected with the hiring resulting from any other cause whatsoever.
15. No Smoking & No Candles/Tea lights or DISPOSABLE BARBECUES allowed inside the house due to New Fire Regulations
16. PROBLEMS & COMPLAINTS: Every effort has been made to ensure that you have an enjoyable and memorable stay. If, however, you have a problem or cause for complaint it is essential that you contact us immediately to give us the chance to resolve it. We value your custom and want you to return! Please note that we are not responsible for any matter which you did not bring to our attention during your holiday.
17. HOT TUB HEALTH & SAFETY: The hot tub safety document needs to be read & acknowledged as read before starting your stay. The Hot Tub Safety Document has been developed with your health & safety in mind when using the Hot Tub & should be followed at all times. IMPORTANT: Any hot tub that needs to be shut down due to misuse will incur a £75 charge to refill it.
18. POOL, HOT TUB, SAUNA and STEAM ROOM SAFETY: Where present on the property the hirer will use the swimming pool, sauna, hot tub and steam room at the hirers own risk. We will not be held responsible for the injuries sustained by the hirer and their guests when using the swimming pool, hot tub, sauna and steam room. The hirer is responsible to use the swimming pool, hot tub, sauna and steam room in accordance with the written and verbal instruction provided. This includes, but is not limited to, keeping the swimming pool/hot tub clean of debris, keeping the pool/hot tub areas clean, neat and organized and keeping all gates closed between the house and the swimming pool area at all times.
HOT TUB SAFETY DOCUMENT
To ensure the safe and enjoyable use of the hot tub we request that you read through and adhere to the following
- No Use of hot tub after 10pm or when CLOSED sign is displayed
- During pregnancy soaking in hot tub may cause damage to the foetus so contact your doctor for advice before entering the water.
- Persons with heart disease, diabetes, low or high blood pressure, or any serious illness should not enter the hot tub without prior consultation with their doctor.
- People with skin, ear, genital or other body infections, open sores, or wounds should not use the hot tub because of the possibility of spreading infection.
- Parents are advised that the hot tubs are not suitable for children under the age of four.
- Parents are to warn children not to allow water in their mouths as this can cause infection and illness.
- The heat of the hot tub water speeds up the effects of alcohol and can cause sleepiness, dizziness and unconsciousness. Do not use after drinking.
- Never use the hot tub while using or after using narcotics or other drugs that may cause sleepiness, drowsiness or raise/lower blood pressure.
- At 39-40ºC limit your time in the hot tub to a maximum of 20 minutes as extending this time can affect your inner organs and cause fever-like conditions. At 36-37ºC this time can be extended up to 1 hour. (We will check the temperature daily to be at 37C so advise that you do not adjust this)
- Shower with soap and water before and after using the hot tub. Showering before use washes away many of the common skin bacteria and removes lotions, deodorants, creams etc. which reduce the effectiveness of the spa sanitizer which disinfects the water.
- Do not immerse your head in the hot tub water. This increases the risk of infection and can heighten the dangers of drowning due to suction below the water line.
- Never allow children to use the spa or hot tub unsupervised and when not in use make sure the cover is on and secured, children must be supervised in the garden and not allowed to climb onto the hot tub. Steps should be removed from the vicinity of the spa when not in use for the safety of children
- Never use the hot tub alone.
- A maximum of 4 people should use the hot tub at one time. Care should be taken that water doesn’t leave the tub as if the water level drops it may cause the pumps to run dry and break the tub. If this does happen at any time the tub should be immediately topped up using the hose next to the tub and we should be informed on 07707867139/01458241524 so the tub can be rebalanced. Under no circumstances should it be used until this has been done.
- Avoid using the hot tub immediately after a heavy meal.
- Take care when entering and leaving the hot tub. When leaving the hot tub leg muscles may be relaxed enough to make you unsteady.
- Avoid entering the hot tub water immediately after exercising as the water temperature can affect the heart rate.
- Never use glass near/in the hot tub as broken glass can cause a risk to people in barefoot and is very difficult to see within the hot tub water.
- Take care on the steps by the hot tub as water from the tub can cause it to be slippery.
- Do not use any electrical appliances near/in the hot tub.
- If any allergic reaction occurs leave the hot tub and rinse off in the shower. If the reaction persists contact a doctor.
- If any fault or damage occurs with the hot tub please contact us on 07707867139/ 01458241524 at the earliest convenient moment.
- Do not turn hot tub isolation switch off except in an emergency as the hot tubs power needs to be turned on to carry out the cleaning cycles
- Ensure no contaminants i.e. bubble bath, alcohol, oils etc. are placed in the water as this can upset the chemical balance of the water and can result in allergic reactions.